- Zimmerman grew up in a mixed-race household
- He was an altar boy at his Caltholic church from age 7-17
- He is bilingual
- After he finished high school, he studied for and got an insurance license
- In 2004, Zimmerman and a black friend opened an Allstate insurance office (which soon failed)
- Zimmerman’s 2005 arrest for “resisting arrest, violence, and battery of an officer” occurred after he shoved an under-cover alcohol control agent at a bar when the agent was trying to arrest an underage friend of his
- Zimmerman married his wife, Shellie, in 2007. They rented a house in Twin Lakes. Twin Lakes is about 50% white, 20% Hispanic, and 20% black.
- In 2009, Zimmerman enrolled in Seminole State College
- In the fall of 2009, a pit bull broke free twice and once cornered Shellie in the Zimmermans’ yard. George Zimmerman asked a police officer whether he should buy pepper spray. The cop told him pepper spray wasn’t fast enough and recommended that he get a gun.
- By the summer of 2011, Twin Lakes “was experiencing a rash of burglaries and break-ins.” In several of the cases, witnesses said the robbers were young black men
- In July 2011, a black teenager stole a bicycle off the Zimmermans’ porch
- In August of 2011, a neighbor of the Zimmermans, Olivia Bertalan, was home during the day when two young black men entered her house. She hid in a room upstairs and called the police. When the police arrived, the two men, who had been trying to take a TV, fled. One of them ran through the Zimmermans’ yard.
- After the break-in, George Zimmerman stopped by the Bertalans and gave Olivia a card with his name and number on it. He told her to visit his wife Shellie if she felt unsafe.
- The police recommended that Bertalan get a dog. She moved away instead. Zimmerman got a second dog–a Rottweiler.
- In September, several concerned residents of the neighborhood, including Zimmerman, asked the neighborhood association to create a neighborhood watch. Zimmerman was asked to run it.
- In the next month, two more houses in the neighborhood were robbed.
- A community newsletter reminded residents to report any crimes to the police and then call “George Zimmerman, our captain.”
- On February 2, 2012, Zimmerman spotted a young black man looking into the windows of a neighbor’s empty house. He called the police and said “I don‘t know what he’s doing. I don’t want to approach him, personally.” The police sent a car, but by the time they arrived, the man was gone.
- On February 6th, another house was burglarized. Witnesses said two of the robbers were black teenagers. One, who had prior burglary convictions, was soon caught with a laptop stolen from the house.
- Two weeks later, Zimmerman spotted Travyon Martin and called the police. The last time he had done this, the suspect got away. This time, he disregarded police instructions and followed. A few minutes later, Martin was dead.
TWO PEOPLE FIRED FOR EDITING THE ORIGINAL 911 PHONE CALL. THIS MEANS EVERY SINGLE “TRAYVON” VIDEO ON YOUTUBE USING THAT PHONE CALL IS BASED ON THE EDITED PHONE CALL.
THIS PHONE CALL WAS EDITED TO SOUND RACIST….. BY A WHITE GUY.
UPDATE: Reuters Confirms: Zimmerman Grew Up With Two Black Kids, Co-Founded Insurance Company With Black Friend HERE
*Update – we have noticed an alarming trend in these tweets. The direction of the tweets now seem to be trending towards a full scale riot. Some tweeters demand riots now, under the belief that Zimmerman being out on bond means the trial is over and he “got off”, and others demanding riots in the streets if Zimmerman is let free after his upcoming trial.
We will continue to snip and share the tweets as they happen, which unfortunately seems to be every few seconds, all across America.
*Update- we have noticed several other media outlets copied our first 5-10 twitter posts for their own stories. We started by posting 10, then 25, then 100, now we are closing in on 200. Check back often, as twitter seems to be spewing out these tweets at an alarming rate. WE WILL BE UPDATING WITH MORE.
Wish we were making this up, but a literal TON of twitter members are now posting death threats, insults, and even legal advice about George Zimmerman, who was recently released on bond.
Very sad state of affairs here.
In other Zimmerman related news: The court has unsealed the Zimmerman Case – the unsealed Zimmerman documents can be found here.
We noticed something very interesting in the Motion To Intervene For The Limited Purpose Of Opposing Closure of Judicial and Public Records
Trayvon Martins twitter account details can be found here.
Note the Twitter Rules:
Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
AS WE UPDATE, THE NEWEST TWEETS WILL BE ADDED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.